The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight slot succeeds on two levels – firstly, it accurately captures and replicates the theme and mood of the 2008 film on which it is based (featuring Christian Bale and Heath Ledger); secondly, it is a hugely engaging and innovative progressive slot that offers the opportunity to win an enormous jackpot prize. The game is stunning in its visuals and gameplay, and has enormous appeal for a younger generation of slots players, offering rapid gameplay and an abundance of special features combined with a four-level progressive jackpot, with the largest of these starting at a minimum of $1,000,000.
How to play
The Dark Knight slots is a 5 reel, 243 ways-to-win progressive jackpot game with two coin sizes – 0.01 or 0.02 – and 30 ‘lines’ in play on each spin. Between 1 – 10 coins can be played per ‘line’ and so the maximum bet ranges in size from $0.30 – $6.00. All wins are multiplied by the line bet, apart from scatter symbols which are multiples of the total bet.
• Batman logo symbol is wild
• Wild symbol substitutes for all other symbols except the scatter
• Wild symbol can appear as a stacked wild on any reel
• Joker wall graffiti symbol is the scatter
• 3x, 4x or 5x Joker scatter symbols anywhere on the reels triggers 15x free spin feature
• Animated Batman figure will randomly appear and can change individual symbols into wilds or up to 3 reels into expanding wilds
• Animated Batman figure can also trigger the Wild Re-Spin feature, where a reel expands and is held while the other reels spin
• Animated Joker figure will appear randomly and can add a 2x – 5x multiplier to any win
• 5x Joker scatter symbols = up to 4,000,000 coins (up to $80,000)
• 5x Batman character symbols = up to 20,000 coins (up to $400)
• 5x Bruce Wayne symbols = up to 17,500 coins (up to $350)
• 5x Joker character symbols = up to 15,000 coins (up to $300)
• 5x Harvey Dent character symbols = up to 12,500 coins (up to $250)
• 5x James Gordon character symbols = up to 10,000 coins (up to $200)
• progressive jackpot feature is randomly triggered
At A Glance
- Slot Type: video slot
- Jackpot Type: progressive jackpot
- Bonus Game: yes
- Scatter: yes
- Free Spins: yes
15x free spin bonus feature
The 15x free spin bonus feature is triggered by hitting 3x, 4x or 5x Joker wall graffiti scatter symbols anywhere on the reels. During the free spins, wins are multiplied by 2x, 3x, 4x or 5x with the multiplier being randomly increased as the bonus round progresses. Additional free spins can also be awarded during the feature, up to 5x spins at a time.
Progressive Jackpot Feature
There are four levels of progressive jackpot available on The Dark Night slot:
- Mega Jackpot – unlimited; starts at $1,000,000
- Major Jackpot – unlimited; starts at $10,000
- Minor Jackpot – unlimited; starts at $100
- Mini Jackpot – unlimited; starts at $10
The Progressive Jackpot Feature is randomly triggered, although it should be noted that betting the max increases the chances of accessing the feature. Once it has been triggered, players go to a new screen and are presented with a game-show type wheel, which is divided into twenty segments:
- 1x Mega Jackpot
- 3x Major Jackpot
- 6x Minor Jackpot
- 10x Mini Jackpot
Players choose to have either Batman or the Joker to spin the wheel for them, and where it stops determines the type of progressive jackpot that is won.
To date, the biggest ever progressive jackpot win on The Dark Knight slot is CAD$9.13 million, while the average Mega Jackpot is about CAD$4 million.
The Dark Knight slots combines massive jackpots with exciting and dynamic gameplay in a way that no other progressive slot manages to do. The characters, symbols, themes and mood are completely in keeping with the spirit of the film, and the gameplay is fast-paced and highly engaging. The way that the Batman and Joker figures interact with and influence the outcome of the game is highly innovative, while the prospect of an enormous jackpot win is the major incentive to play.